In line with guidance, we are working on plans to offer:
- A booster dose to everyone aged 18 years old and over
- A booster dose to people aged 16 years old and over with a severely weakened immune system
- Booster doses from 3 months after the previous dose – currently it’s from 6 months after the previous dose
- A 2nd dose to all children aged 12 to 15 years old who are not already eligible
Please note these offers are not yet available. Arrangements are being put in place to get underway as quickly as possible.
The booster vaccine offer will be opened up by age group to ensure the most vulnerable are vaccinated first. The national booking service will initially open up to people in their 40s and older people who would previously have had to wait six months before moving onto younger age groups.
If you are already eligible for your booster you can book by
- Visiting www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Calling 119 or the Gateway on 0800 092 4020 or 0161 947 0770
- Visiting one of our walk-in clinics – more information is available at www.manchester.gov.uk/getmyjab
If you need help getting to your vaccination appointment, then the Gateway can help arrange a free taxi to and from the site.
If you were not already eligible, please do not contact us, you will be contacted when it is your turn.